Cage Warriors (CW) is looking for a hardworking, experienced marketing professional to join the promotion as Head of Marketing.
The right candidate for this position will have a broad range of marketing skills. They need to be both analytical and creative in their approach to brand building, content creation, growing social media engagement, driving a broadcast audience and ticketing revenue. We’re looking for someone with a good understanding of the principles of marketing and the ability to think “outside the box”.
This role would suit someone with three to five years of experience working in a fast-paced marketing team, ideally in sport or entertainment with a focus on events. They will report directly to the President of CW and manage the CW Marketing Manager.
About Cage Warriors:
Cage Warriors is Europe’s leading and longest-running mixed martial arts promotion, having staged over 100 events in 12 countries across three different continents since its establishment in 2002.
CW has helped over 100 MMA fighters ascend to the UFC, including former UFC champions: Michael Bisping, Conor McGregor and Joanna Jedrzejczyk, as well as new stars, such as Paddy “The Baddy” Pimblett.
Events are broadcast live globally on UFC fight pass with a mission to showcase the best of MMA and provide local heroes with a platform to achieve global greatness. The business has successfully navigated the pandemic with innovative behind closed doors shows and has exciting growth plans for 2022 with a record number of events and aggressive targets.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
MARKETING STRATEGY & BRAND BUILDING
- Overall responsibility for the marketing strategy and implementation.
- Yearly planning to meet the ticketing revenue target and exceed the marketing support requirements of key broadcasters.
- Grow the CW brand through content creation plans and distribution through CW media, broadcast partners and beyond.
- Offer best practice guidelines to fighters to grow their individual profile.
- Owner of the CW brand guidelines.
- Demonstrable ability to form part of the CW leadership team.
SOCIAL MEDIA CHANNELS
- Development of a content marketing strategy for multiple social media platforms with a mix of ‘always on’ year around activity, ticket selling campaigns and event week plans.
- Oversee monthly social media calendars, implemented by the CW Marketing Manager, to the CW social communities.
- Constantly monitoring and engaging current trends, influencers in the regions, websites, athletes and celebrities.
- Set the framework for monthly reports on social media and website performance and analysis of activity.
- Work with the CW matchmaking and ticketing team to create engaging content and storytelling around events.
- Preparing strategic local marketing plans to maximize event awareness and exposure to drive ticket sales and achieve ticketing revenue targets.
- Coordinate with venue marketing and public relations departments to leverage arena assets.
- Work with key athletes on events to sell tickets to their fan base.
- Explore regional and national media opportunities.
- Work on digital and social media geo-targeted and other paid media opportunities based on the ROI framework.
- Building and delivering a realistic CRM and data strategy focused on selling tickets.
- Work on location during event week to provide fans a behind-the-scenes look at fighters and shows.
- Maximize the content creation opportunities to grow the CW audience and broadcast viewers for events.
- Ensure the CW brand guidelines are followed for all broadcast content.
- Create “best in class” fight night experiences for fans at venues and those watching on broadcast platforms around the World.
UK based. Ideally In/around London.
If you think you would be a good fit for this role please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.